I grew up in Southern California, joined the Navy very young and lived and travelled around. I have always been an adventurer—forever curious. My next career move played up to my creative side, helping to launch an electronic music “zine” out of my buddy’s basement. Eventually landing an investor and scaling nationally, I’ve spent the last 20 years in the content world leading editorial teams, producing creative projects, and managing production schedules for music/lifestyle brands and publications.
Content Ideation & Direction100%
Producer / Project Manager100%
Content Ideation & Direction100%
Leadership / Team Building100%
Creative, dedicated, and business-focused professional with more than 20 years of experience in strategy, content creation, and creative concepts for digital and print magazines, lifestyle brands and social media channels. Proven ability to develop and execute on creative strategies by telling brand stories through content that combines emotion and promotion, while prioritizing responsibilities for short- and long-term goals.
Content strategy, management and creation | Leadership | Mentoring | Social media | Project management | Content marketing | SEO | Partnerships | CMS (WordPress & Drupal) | Photoshop | MS Office & Excel
LIVE NATION ENTERTAINMENT/INSOMNIAC EVENTS, Los Angeles, CA (2013–2018)
Director, Content Development
Insomniac produces large-scale music festivals and events worldwide. The company’s flagship annual event, Electric Daisy Carnival Las Vegas, is the largest multi-day music festival in North America, with 400,000 attendees.
- Content Director across multiple media channels. Responsible for conceiving and managing editorial roadmap and creative concepts, ensuring content plan is synced with the objectives and needs of marketing, social media and sales for multiple company brands. Managed annual editorial expense budget of $500,000, including supplemental video allotment. Developed and oversaw production deadlines, costs and workflows related to the editorial department and content creation, ensuring that all assignments are delivered on time, within scope and budget.
- Collaborated with analytics team to evaluate content performance and inform strategic planning, resulting in increased fan engagement and ticket sales. Identified key partnership opportunities around festival brands and worked with sponsors to create co-branded content. Identified social influencers.
- Lead the creation of more than 150 pieces of original content per month, distributed across company’s nine online properties, including 30+ social media channels across 90+ outlets reaching more than 8 million fans. Collaborated with marketing and social media directors to ensure seamless integration of editorial voice across company media channels.
- Hired, managed and mentored editorial department of four full-time employees, multiple interns, and a freelance team of roughly 30 writers, photographers, graphic designers and illustrators. Coordinated with third-party vendors—and across multiple departments including IT, marketing, production, talent, art and project managers—on the redesign of insomniac.com and multiple festival brand websites. Owned all functions of the insomniac.com social media calendar (Facebook and Twitter).
- Special projects: Wide Awake Stories (monthly podcast); The Insomniac (print magazine); EDC Unseen (photo book); Golf Cart Confessions (video series), Thank You, Headliners (brand video); Dancing in the Dark: 20 Years of Nocturnal Wonderland (brand video); A Headliner’s Perspective (brand video); #EDC20 (brand video series); EDM Parking Lot (brand video); Insomniac Illustrated (digital comic book series).
MAGNETIC MAGAZINE, Los Angeles, CA (2011–2013)
Music and art-focused online magazine combining social media, lifestyles trends and design.
- Sourced, negotiated and hired external vendor for website development. Managed all aspects of layout, design and taxonomy.
Developed and coordinated the overall editorial strategy and day-to-day content creation.
- Contract work: hired to create artist-specific content focused on musicians, artists, photographers and creatives for Sol Republic’s Saviors of Sound marketing program (2011–2012)
LOST IN A SUPERMARKET, Los Angeles, CA (2008–2010)
An online magazine made up of a collective of artists, writers, designers, businessmen, filmmakers and cultural ambassadors who know what it means to be the ideal modern man.
- Directed all aspects of web development, including producing exclusive, original front-end content.
- Expanded brand awareness, traffic and social engagement. Saw an 875% traffic increase in nine months.
- Produced and curated multiple company events. Responsible for all logistics including sponsorship, live entertainment and venues.
BPM MAGAZINE/OVERAMERICA MEDIA GROUP, Los Angeles, CA (1996–2009)
Associate Publisher / Editor-in-Chief
Launching as a free quarterly, BPM garnered worldwide recognition and credibility within the electronic music community, developing into an internationally distributed magazine with a circulation of 150,000.
- Served as Editor, Publisher, and Director of Production for multiple print titles and online properties (BPM, Vapors, C16 magazines). Planned and prioritized daily schedules for advertising, design and editorial departments, and coordinated staff assignments, publication services and vendors for time-sensitive projects.
- Played a central role in client projects and advertorial initiatives, ranging in budget from $2,000–75,000. Provided direct management to Overamerica Media Group’s sales divisions, resulting in consecutive annual gains (year-over- year) in revenue/positive organizational growth.
- Instrumental in the strategy, planning and execution of the company’s marketing division. Established and maintained strategic alliances in the music, art, fashion, and technology communities, resulting in new business opportunities and product collaborations. Played a key role in the re-launch/success of BPM, resulting in increased sales, industry recognition, and market share and expanded overall readership from 200,000 to 500,000+ within four years. Received Period award for the best music magazine in 2004 at the Global Winter Music Conference.